Roger began his career learning the various aspects of joint venture consulting from Pat Martindale. With extensive experience, Roger now provides senior leadership within the company and by managing client’s compliance projects ranging from international, deepwater, onshore conventional and non-conventional, vendor and revenue related projects.
Roger’s expertise includes:
- Testifying as an expert witness in state court on subjects including joint venture and revenue claims, gas balancing, royalty disputes, and custom and practice in applying exploration agreements, joint operating agreements, and Accounting Procedure provisions in oil and gas operations.
- Overseeing compliance reviews for domestic U.S. and international joint venture projects.
- Overseeing compliance reviews for revenue, royalty, midstream and gas plant projects.
- Overseeing vendor compliance reviews.
- Overseeing client in-house projects on COPAS Accounting Procedure applications for various joint venture accounting issues.
Roger has actively served in various capacities in the Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS). COPAS positions held include:
- President of COPAS – Oklahoma City
- Chair of COPAS – Oklahoma City Audit Committee
- Chair of COPAS National Emerging Issues Sub-Committee
- Chair of COPAS Controllable Equipment Pricing System (CEPS) Panel
- Participant on several COPAS Publication Drafting Committees
Roger is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Roger is an experienced speaker on Royalty, Revenue and Joint Venture oil and gas accounting topics for both public and private audiences.
Roger served in the United States Air Force prior to attending the University of Oklahoma.