Pat began his career in internal audit at Kerr-McGee Corp. He left Kerr-McGee for a challenging opportunity at Texas International Petroleum Corp. to start an internal audit department. In July 1982, Pat ventured out and formed Martindale Consultants, Inc. With his leadership, Martindale Consultants has grown into a major employee-based oil and gas consulting service.
Pat’s expertise includes:
- Testifying as an expert witness in state and federal court and at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission on subjects including joint venture and revenue claims, gas balancing, royalty disputes, and custom and practice in applying exploration agreements, joint operating agreements, and Accounting Procedure provisions in oil and gas operations.
- Overseeing compliance reviews for domestic U.S. and international joint venture projects.
- Overseeing compliance reviews for revenue, royalty, midstream and gas plant projects.
- Overseeing accounting for clients joint interest billings for operated properties.
- Overseeing vendor compliance reviews.
- Overseeing accounting for clients’ revenue distributions on partnerships, operated properties, etc.
Pat has actively served in various capacities in the Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS). COPAS positions held include:
- President of COPAS – Oklahoma City
- Chair of COPAS – Oklahoma City Audit Committee
- Chair of the COPAS National Audit Committee
- Chair of the COPAS National Publications Committee
- Two terms as Director on the COPAS National Board of Directors
- Participant on several COPAS National committees and task forces
Pat is an experienced speaker on Royalty, Revenue and Joint Venture oil and gas accounting topics for both public and private audiences.